whats the meaning of life? son, its those little tiny pumpkins. the ones that are mad small. you know the ones i mean.
- Homaighnéasach - Homosexual
- Leispiach - Lesbian
- Aerach - Gay (it actually means light-hearted but whatever)
Aaand to add on (as someone who’s into both Irish and LGBTQIAP+ stuff), there’s:
- Déghnéasach - bisexual
- Trasinscneach - transgender
- Idirghnéasach - intersex
And, if we generalize from the biology terms, as seems to have been done in English:
- Éighnéasach - asexual
Not sure that last one has been used to describe people yet, but I’m totally going to start!
Awesome! Wasn’t even sure Irish had words for these but I’m so happy we do.
Violet Oakley (1874-1961)
Oil, charcoal, and graphite on composition board
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
What fucks me up about the Darren Wilson fundraiser is that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He doesn’t have to hire a lawyer. He’s on paid leave, so he’s not losing wages. This is not covering his expenses, because he doesn’t have any additional expenses. This is a reward. He’s getting a $250,000 reward for murdering an unarmed black kid.
HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN. HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE. SELF DEFESE.
None of this is true. This is how good the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign has been. Not one sentence here is accurate. Let’s break this down:
- "HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL." Michael Brown’s autopsy showed no sign of struggle.The picture of the CT scan that’s being passed around to show that Wilson had an orbital blowout fracture is actually from 2008 from the University of Iowa, and a right-wing pundit photoshopped out the date and hospital info.
- "MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN." Officer Wilson’s story is that the first shot that went off was an accidental discharge while they were fighting over the gun. However. there was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, meaning that he was absolutely not holding the gun when it went off and furthermore that he was not even that close. He was fired on from a distance.
- "HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE." This is actually a compound lie, which is kind of impressive. His friend, Dorian Johnson, did not say that. His lawyer said they were together in the convenience store, the police said there was a robbery, and the media put those two statements next to each other to imply a statement was made that never was. Johnson isn’t being charged with anything because the Ferguson PD “determined he committed no crime." The Ferguson PD also admitted Officer Wilson didn’t know about the scuffle at the convenience store before he stopped Brown and Johnson. You may be wondering why I say scuffle instead of robbery. That’s because there wasn’t one: the owners of the store didn’t call the police and video shows Brown paying for the cigarillos! The clerk confronted Brown about reaching across the counter instead of waiting for him to hand over the cigarillos, he put his hand on Brown, and Brown pushed him. Yes, he pushed him too hard, but the clerk apparently didn’t care enough to call the police. The police were called by another customer in the store, who apparently didn’t know what was actually happening.
- "SELF DEFESE." The autopsy shows that he was shot on the inside of his arm, meaning his hands were up, and the top of his head, meaning that, since Brown was 6’4”, either he was on his knees or the officer was 8’ tall. The officer was not 8’ tall.
The evidence clearly shows that Officer Wilson, who had no idea of the not-actually-a-robbery, executed the unarmed Mike Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air. Just like all of the eyewitnesses said (except for “Josie,” who turned out not to be real).
But the Ferguson PD’s already tainted public opinion. They’ve spread so many lies so effectively that no amount of evidence will bring justice. Your ignorance here is proof of just how effective it’s been.
*is in the manga section of the bookshop* *sees another person* HAHA! what a nerd
- Favorite thing about this scene: the Doctor acknowledging his part in sending a companion mixed signals instead of blaming their response to his signals on irrational human-ness (and femaleness). Now go back and say this to Martha, Doctor, preferably with an actual “I’m sorry.”
- Least favorite thing about this scene: fandom missing the point and continuing to insist that Clara’s a horrible shallow person who just wanted Eleven to be her boyfriend and dislikes Twelve because of that
Overture to a post.
really sick of seeing so much hate directed towards the police on here. look, we get it, you prefer sting’s solo work, i like it too alright? that doesnt mean ‘every little thing she does is magic’ and ‘can’t stand losing you’ arent awesome jams. ‘roxanne’ and ‘don’t stand so close to me’ are classic, don’t even get me started on ‘spirits in the material world’. just stop ok?
kids are out here like “i wish i was alive during beatlemania” and im like….. beyonce is right here, right now, what is wrong with you. get right with jesus
stolen from horologists
birthday: october 15
what time and date is it here: 11:02 on august 24
average hours of sleep i get at night: 5-6
the last thing i googled was: opera on the mall
my most used phrase(s): "[declaratory statement], yeah?"
first word that comes to mind: amoeba
what i last said to a family member: 'not drinking wine yet ma, but it's five o'clock somewhere' ?? my mom texts me weird shit sometimes
places that make me happy & why: driving smoothly paved roads under a canopy of trees; wrapped up in a cool blanket; theatres; covent garden marketplace; catskill game farm; empty rooms with large open windows; (too lazy to explain why, ask if ya really wanna know)
how many blankets i sleep under: one
favourite beverage(s): chocolate milk, iced coffee, ice water
the last movie i watched in the cinema: guardians of the galaxy
three things i can’t live without: lipstick, soap, and a music box
something i plan on learning: languages man, all the langauges
a piece of advice for all my followers: if you’re feeling uneasy and a little like you’re floating away, hold a leaf
you all have to listen to this song: dancing in the moonlight by king harvest
my blogs: (more just saved urls really) baudeleire, baroque-heat, leonardcohens, and misselthwaited